Frantaglais blah-blah...

Why Frantaglais? Well, I came up with this title as my posts, from time to time, will be en français (in French), en anglais (in English), and/or en Tagalog, my mother tongue. In any case, you find my writing weak, just bear with me please or leave. This is my blog after all. No one forces you to read it.

jeudi, juillet 07, 2005

Coincidence?

I just thought of sharing this with you...

Yesterday at around 1:30 p.m., I and my son Koko were watching tv, quite anxious about the result -- on which city would host the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic games; Paris or London? At exactly 1:50 p.m., Int'l. Olympic Committee President Rogge announced that London will host the games.

"No!", we both screamed. We were so disappointed as we really wished the games be hosted by the city of Paris. My son, in particular, got so saddened I saw him wiped away his tears.

"Don't worry, by the year 2012, you'll be 22 years old. Old enough to be where you want to be. Who knows, that by that time, you'd be working in London, own an appartment which is just a block away from the stadium." I said while affectionately stroking his cheek. The thought made him smile.


Over dinner, we had the same discussion. This time with the hubby.

"So, we lost, eh?" the hubby said.

"Oui, but what can we do, London's been ahead of 3 to 4 points from the very beginning. Okay, I, too, am disappointed but I don't know, I'm kinda relieved." I said as I swallowed a bit of the chicken.

"Oh yeah? Why?"

"I don't know, I have a feeling that something's gonna happen. I can feel it. Mark my words, there'll be attentats (bombings) tomorrow. And we should thank God, Paris wasn't chosen." I responded.


This morning, the hubby called up telling me that once again, I was right.

"About what?" I asked.

"There has been a half dozen bombings in the underground/subway and buses in London!"

As of this writing, I don't know (yet) if it's because of the Olympic games or the G8 Summit. All I know is that there were indeed bombings in London, today.

"Oh, sh...! I've told you!" I was almost yelling.

"...yeah, and you should have just kept it to yourself!" He added.

Why did he say that? Ok, It's been going on for over a year now, there are things I think and swear will happen... happen. Hey, I'm not a charlatan or a wannabe fortune teller. Nope, far from it.

Okay, let me cite instances that seem a little strange to us...

Last year, I told my husband that I could feel my friend's husband leaving her to live with his mistress and that he'll be back 1 year after. (oopps, tzizmiz you might say, but let me finish...)

"You'll see, he'll be back after a year-long (s)excapade, just in time for his wife's (my friend) 41st birthday." I remember telling him that.

Just two weeks before my friend's 40th birthday, her husband left the matrimonial home. The reason, I was right, no need to elaborate.
And now, it's been a week that he's back and next weekend, we're invited for a birthday dinner, my friend's 41st birthday. See?

Another instance, when hubby's cousin announced that she was pregnant, I remember myself telling my hubby, "I am quasi sure that she'll give birth prematurely and that her husband shouldn't be away when that time comes!". The day her water broke, her husband was just starting to take a nap -- quite exhausted from a 3-day trip, just barely arrived from Mans (for its annual 24-hour motor race) with my hubby and friends (well, I was actually trying to convince him not to 'bring' his cousin's husband along). She gave birth 2 months before her due date, she was supposed to give birth this August.

I also "predicted" (see? now I'm beginning to use that word, hehe) about the hubby's brother passing the driving test but failing the Baccalauréat exams last year. That his brother's got no choice but to repeat a year and this time he'll pass. That's exactly what happened and he got the good news last Monday.

And now, these attentats in London...

Ok, ok, I know these are just coincidences but I guess, next time, I'll just have to keep it to myself and keep my mouth shut, eh? What do you think?

I'm beginning to scare my husband...

20 Comments:

  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger Noemi said…

    hello po!
    nice site and very interesting entries, good read too!:)anyway, my opinion on ur last entry is..dont keep your mouth shut especially if you "sense" something that will help your love ones...lucky you for having a gift of "premonition", at least you have the opportunity to "warn","help" and make others "happy" in a way, considered it as a gift and always ask guidance from god :) ...it just shows(i think) that you're such a sensitive(in a positive way) person. have a good day po!

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said…

    I'm with Noemi on this.. Bokbok..!!
    But on the other hand.. do i want to be the one to be recieving the news..?? hmmm.. maybe not..?? or maybe yes..??

    MrsT

     
  • At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said…

    Madame, I don't think these are just coincidences, I find them "strong". Could be scary, yeah, but could also be helpful.
    Enz

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Analyse said…

    erm, coincidence? your 'predictions' are just exact and precise...you're scaring me..don't know, i just dont buy these kinds of stuffs (ehehe, im just thinking about those manghuhula alongside quiapo church!), but you? oh well, consider it as a gift, im with noemi, use it to help/warn others..

    bises et bon weekend..mwaah!

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said…

    Hi Bokbok!
    I don't believe those fortune tellers who 'predict' just to earn money. Funny, there was a famous one (i forgot her name) who predicted the separation of Celine Dion and her husband just after two years of marriage, it didn't happen, lol. Now this fortune teller rarely appears on tv. But I think yours just come naturally, like what Analyse said, were precise. Just keep 'em coming!

    Happy weekend!

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger karl said…

    moi, je trouve plutôt cool.

     
  • At 1:40 AM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    NOEMI, hello!
    Wow! salamat! really? hehe

    i don't know, to be honest, i don't believe in astrologers/fortune tellers. Personally, I consider them as cheats. (Sorry fortune tellers out there, it's just me huh? Don't pay attention!) So, to tell you the truth Noemi, I wasn't and still not proud of posting this entry, haha! It's just that I had to as it begins to scare me too. am just wondering -- those were precise events... okay, now i'm confused! hehe.
    But hey, don't worry, I'll consider what you said and thanks for the kind words.

    happy Sunday! ;)


    Oh MRSt!

    okay... listen to me...
    nah, better not! haha!

    *zips my mouth*
    no talk, no mistake. lol!

    kisses to you and chloe,
    :D


    boks

     
  • At 2:10 AM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    I don't know ENZ if I could really help people. I don't want to scare them, you know! I think better not tell them anything as i'm not really sure about such and such... what do you think? ;)


    Hi, ANALYSE!

    Awooooooo!!!
    ok, ok, I think i better delete this entry, natakot tuloy si buntis...
    so, how much do you think i'd charge them? haha!
    kidding aside, well, i think i shouldn't take this thing seriously, palagay mo?

    à toi aussi et à ton bébé, gros bisous!!!

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    hi JENIFER, errr...ewan ko ba, I can't and will never compare myself with one, nah. It's because I'm not and I don't intend to become one. Thanks just the same!
    ;)



    E, KARL!
    tu crois? ;)


    boks

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger yusop said…

    Hi BokBok. You might just have a power of clairvoyance. I don't fully believe in such phenomenon but who knows. This world is stranger than we had thougth mostly.

    The bombings are terribly evil. I hope the perpetrators should be punished with the heaviest of penalty.

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger cheH said…

    Mahal kong bok,

    ala po akong comment about this post but to your latest one, manash, preho tayo hindi masyadong addict sa internet, pero may percent pa rin lumalabas eh addict pa rin!!!hehe

    have a nice vaca dear! enjoy enjoy! will wait for ya:)

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Analyse said…

    bonnes vacances! good choice, bretagne and normandie are just great...lalo na for summer...we're heading off west (pays de la loire - frenchguy's region so we could pick up bébé stuffs too) end of july début août..bises!

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said…

    Is that so? well, I respect your choice.

    Btw, wishing you a happy vacation! Have fun!!!:)

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Just saying a quick hi!

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said…

    I agree with you when you said that FT's are cheats. I've just been a victim of one's scam of $1200. I went to the police and filed a complaint but they said they can't do anything about it, it's because I willingly gave her money for the "service". I feel so stupid and humiliated!

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said…

    haha!!! ganon? Ala madam Auring ka pala bokbok....Me gift ka!!!Nakakakita ka rin ba ng mga momo ha? Ngiiiiiiii..........

    Sa akin, ano prediction mo ha???

    it's mehhh, Alma...

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Hey, boks, hope you're enjoying your vacation! See you when you get back!

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    Major Tom, CheH, Analyse, Jenifer, Kayla, Alma and Thess

    Thanks very much for dropping by!

    :)

     
  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger Bart Treuren said…

    OK, so i'm VERY late on this one, but i know exactly what you mean... i've been having these kinds of feelings, premonitions all my life, i don't know why but it's like i'm not in control of the way i feel sometimes, and something happens and all feeling just crystallises at that moment so i know what it was what was bothering me...

    so many things, its frightening... the friday before the Sharm-al-Sheik bombing i had a similar incident as what you felt, i even mentioned it in my weblog in passing that i was totally out of it at that moment, i knew hours beforehand that my father had died... all sorts of different things but the pattern is always the same...

    thank you for sharing, and for letting some of us know that we're not alone on this... keep well...

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    I thank you Bart for sharing this as this scares me a little. Do you think it's the "sixth sense" or ESP, extra-sensory perception? ;)

    It's always a pleasure hearing from you...

    By the way, hope you don't mind, I added you to my links. ;)


    you too, take care,
    boks

     

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home

 
Merci et à bientôt! ^_^ eXTReMe Tracker