Frantaglais blah-blah...

Why Frantaglais? Well, I came up with this title as my posts, from time to time, will be en français (in French), en anglais (in English), and/or en Tagalog, my mother tongue. In any case, you find my writing weak, just bear with me please or leave. This is my blog after all. No one forces you to read it.

lundi, août 01, 2005

La Vie Est Belle

Who would miss blogging during the 20-day retreat from a stresssful working world? When you're in the middle of a total relaxation - unwinding and recharging: catching rays while building sandcastles, playing kites during windy days, devouring moules-frites (mussels and chips) or just have a sinful ice-cream snack on the terrace of a seaside restaurant, enjoying the flavor and fun of barbecue grilling, barefooted gathering cockles and mussels at low tide, just taking advantage of the sunny though sometimes rainy - but by and large an enjoyable and anxiety-free holiday? Well, I wouldn't and I really didn't miss it at all! No deadlines, no commitments, no e-mail checkings, no reminders of work at work, just merely spending a tranquil and quality fun time with the family. Now that was a real vacation!

And oh, there was just one thing I really missed during this exciting yet serene family getaway ... a book. The sixth book or the tome 6 of JKRowling's HP series, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince". We left a few days before its midnight release party (which was held last July 15), so obviously, I wasn't able to acquire one. I and son Koko were at the WHSmith, a British bookshop in Paris, during the release parties of HP tomes 4 and 5. But this year, since my husband couldn't really choose when to take his vacation due to workloads, we had no choice but to take it a week earlier. So my husband, in a sort of way, pulled the rug out from under our plan of being there for the tome 6's release party. Well, despite extreme search for this book on the Normande and Breton coasts, I seemed to have no luck, I didn't find one. So, I just promised myself to come by it in any way necessary once we get home. Oh oui, I found HP books to be great literature. My confession, I'm as much of a Harry Potter fanatic as anybody else and I'm not ashamed to admit that this series tops the list of my favorite books!

We got back home last Saturday and the first thing I said to my husband this morning was not "bonjour", but instead "s'il te plait ... mon 'Arry", haha! Since there is no bookshop where we live that sells English-language books, and that fortunately he works in Paris, I told him to get to WHSmith or Brentano's (another British bookstore) first before showing his face to his boss otherwise he'll get stuck with him and the idea of buying my HP book will be shelved. When he arrived home from work today, even before taking off his full-face crash helmet, he handed me the book. Good grief, My Harry! Enfin! I just couldn't hide it, I was smiling ear to ear.

What more can I ask for? We just had the best vacation ever, and tonight, feeling completely filled with excitement, I'll immerse myself in the magical tales (that may be written for children but also a good read for adults) and be transported once again into another world. Good thing of having no internet during the vacation, stumbling into a spoiler page could be possible, tsk tsk.

La vie est belle (life is beautiful), eh? Ah, well ... sometimes.



The chalet we rented

Cléms and Koko on their way to fetch water essential for their sandcastle
(as the sand was too dry and impossible to work with). Being careful not to
be totally exposed to so much scorching sun, hats and t-shirts were also
indispensable.


She's been posing like this lately, Japanese style, eh? When I asked her where she'd seen this, she said "can't remember!"

The rain didn't succeed to put us in a bad mood. Cléms with papa.

Koko, who suddenly turned timid and not really wanting this picture taken, oh well...

The Mont-St. Michel in Bretagne.

Building castles in the air...
You think I'm letting the cat out of the bag? No, I don't own those love handles. But I guess I don't mind if they were mine (I just won't pose like this, don't wanna make myself look like a sex symbol you know, hehe).

32 Comments:

  • At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said…

    Hey.. BokBok,
    Glad to see you back home.. and had a great vacation..!!
    Wow..!!! green giant very HANDSOME..!!! lucky you ..!!! now if only we get to see a family picture.. !!! heheh!!

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    wow, mrsT! HOW ARE YOU?! at last, here you are! i've been wanting to hear from you for weeks! i don't even know if you got my email (you know, password & ID not working), had to leave a comment on your 'half... page too! it's only last night that i learned that you're no longer with the 'typepad'?

    will visit you later! i can't bloghop yet, you know ... mountains of laundry, haha! how are chloe and the super daddy doin'?

    :)

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Hey, Boks! Really glad you had such a great time! Your family looks really adorable!

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Noemi said…

    hello Bok!
    welcome back:)!!! hope to see you blog hopping soon..hehehe
    btw, did you recieved yung email ko sayo na recipe?:) have a nice day! take care!

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger ting-aling said…

    Bok, wow, looks like you guys really had fun. And about green giant, what can I say but WOW..cutie, cutie.

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger cheH said…

    My dear, *besos* ako naman ereng mawawala,hehe

    gusto lang kita i welkam b4 I goo goo :)

    I'll catch ya soon *pramis*

    BTW,thanks for sharing the photos,they're all georgeous! preho fala tayo ng size ng bra mama,hakhakhak :p

    Ingatssssss

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    Oh sorry, Big Bok, I forgot to thank you (goodness, where are my manners?) as I was really that excited hearing from you! mrsT, Thank You!
    On GG's behalf, thanks for the compliment! :) Now he's got ears like Dumbo's, ready to fly! hehe
    As to the family picture, I'm afraid my body won't make it (into the picture), I just don't seem to fit into it! (nyehehe, kidding) No, next time maybe. :)

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    Da, Kayla, we really had a lot of fun! In fact, muscles in my legs are still aching, walking on sand dunes was quite exhausting! :)
    Thanks!


    Thanks, Noemi! Yes, I did receive your email! How sweet, salamat!!!
    Syangapala, I'm having a hard time viewing your page, I thought it was just my browser (firefox) so I tried it with 'safari' and IE, ganon pa rin, check it out please?
    Take care and have a nice day, too!
    :)


    Ting!!! Thank you!

    cutie ba? ehem! now green giant's turning red! haha! merci, daw! :)


    CheH, oi, danke!!! sandali ka lang namang mawawala eh, that's alright.
    I can wait.
    LOL, pareho pala tayo ng size, gusto mo, swap tayo? nyehehe...
    Good luck with the move, CheH! You too, ingat! ;)

     
  • At 4:42 AM, Blogger Noemi said…

    hi! bok, di ata talaga ma-view pag firefox gamit, the same happened to a fellow blogger using firefox viewing my page, i don't know kung ano ginawa nya to view yung site, basta sabi na lang nya "it's bcoz of firefox pala at di mismo yung site"...pano yan? di ka makakadalaw?waaaah!!!! sana maayos na para ma-view lagi mga site sa blogspot...have a nice day! take care!!

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    salut Atinna! sure ma chérie, no problem! et arigato, eh?! domo, domo, eh?! voila now koko's asking me how to get rid of the rising pimple at the left side of the bridge of his nose, nyehehehehe...

    à bientôt! :)



    No, Noemi, kahit sa I. Explorer and Safari, ganon din. Lahat ng nasa side bar mo nakapatong sa entries mo. Check mo ulit oki? hintay lang ako dito, dear.
    :)

     
  • At 12:10 AM, Blogger Bart Treuren said…

    hey, so i'm so completely and totally out of range here... read your blog through Kaylas blog.. liked what i read, intelligent material, good pics and nice wording... love it... keep up the good work...

    keep well,
    bart

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said…

    bokbok ganda pics ah!!! Handsome ni Seb ah!!! hehe,

    saka sexy mo dun sa last part ah!!! hekhekhek.. katawa, nkasampay pa, hehehe.......

    its me, alma

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    Wow, Bart, though I don't think I really deserve the compliment, that made my day! Thanks!

    Thanks for the kind and encouraging words!

    à bientôt,
    Boks ;)

     
  • At 12:39 AM, Blogger Noemi said…

    bok! try to visit my site, i already change my template...nalaman ko kasi na pasaway pala yun nakuha kong template..namimili ng browser, pang IE lang nyek!
    have a nice day! happy weekend..mwaah!

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    Alma!
    o say mo? ;) bagay ba kami?
    how've you been?


    Okay, Noemi, I will! Pasaway? ano yon?
    You too, bon weekend! ;)

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said…

    well, well, well...

    I think it's also about time for me to take some vacation.

    Nice pictures! I wonder if your husband's got a brother...lol!

    Have a great week, Boks!

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Analyse said…

    hehe, welcome to normal life! nos vacances sont finis aussi, but im quite happy to be back, excited to start my bébé room..great that you had a blast on your vacation..hey st michel is in normandie right? we were in the seaside too (la vendéee, south of bretagne)...lamig, cant go swim eh..miss phil sea, grabe!

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    yup, jenifer, everybody needs to unwind, some time off from the job is a necessity for one's health.

    yes, he's got a brother, he's 19 years old. :)
    you too, have a great week, thanks!


    Analyse!hehehey, so you're back! Quite anxious to start decorating your baby's room, eh? Bien.

    Ok, I actually posed the same question before posting the mont st. michel photo. My husband said it's not in Britanny but on the other side of the border, in Normandy. But he said "not sure". I don't know why I insisted that it's in Bretagne for I was actually been there at least 3 times. Googled it and here's what I found out, Mont St. Michel is on the north coast of France, near the border of Brittany and Normandy. Palagay mo? :)

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    Naomi! hellloooooo! wow, bait talaga! pero di ba dyahi? wag na lang kaya, kakahiya naman sa yo bibigyan pa kita ng kakalikutin! ano kayang template ang maganda? nyehehe..

    preho pala kami ni hubby mo, oct. 17 naman ako and i'm sure mabait din sya ! ^_^

    thanks for stopping by, see you later! ^_^

     
  • At 6:31 AM, Blogger JMom said…

    Hi Bok! Harry Potter enthusiast ka din pala ha? me too. Had to wait for my girls to finish before I got to read it though, so I had to issue a gag order for both of them, to not spoil it for me :-) I finally got to finish it while on vacation recently too.

    You have a lovely family. I just love that pic of clem and seb walking on the beach. What a great photo!

    lol! hubby and I got a kick out of the last pic :-)

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Hi, Boks! Just dropped by to say hello and say what you've been up to! Take care!

     
  • At 6:19 AM, Blogger S A J Shirazi said…

    Your photos speak louder than your words.

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    Hi there, JMom!

    Good that I already finished the book before I went bloghopping, CeliaK's got a 'spoiler' entry! ;)

    That picture is also my favorite, JMom, almost looks like a scene from a movie, innit? haha! Am glad naaliw ko kayo ni hubby! ;)



    Hello Kayla!
    So far so good apart from a damned cough and sleepless nights.

    Thanks! Take care ;)



    Hi Shirazi!

    Thanks for stopping by! It's just that you left me hanging there...
    Shall I take it as a compliment or as a criticism? Or both?
    ;)

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Analyse said…

    e kasi naman po, i had a classmate who was from normandie, and he was too proud of his mont st michel, eagerly pushing me to visit it..so i guess it's in normandie, now you put doubts on me hehehe...been there 2 yrs ago yata..

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger yusop said…

    Hi BokBok...there is nothing like the sun and a good book. So very nice pictures there. It's always a pleasant experience to see the nice graphics and pictures on your site.

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Hi, Boks! How are you? Seems the caughing part is pretty spread! And the louzy sleep nights! :(

    Anyway, I hope you're doing better!

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said…

    Bok my dear, first of all, please get well soon!!

    so sorry for not visiting lately, lam mo na, 'namamatayan' ako ng pc..anyhowkalabaw, huwaw! wala akong masabi (except, pwede itanong size ng bra mo? ha ha) ..mr. giant is handsome! awoooo!! *lol* clems is one pretty kid, coco is one cool dude and mama, well I've seen her and she gorgeous!. too bad she didn't share a photo or two *ang daya!*

    hope to catch you in ym...kisses!

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    I still don't know Ana but I kinda convinced (apparently) GGiant that Mont St. Michel is in Bretagne, hehe. "Oui, je crois que t'as raison", he said, hehe. ;)


    Hey, Naomi, try mong basahin ang HP books, you'll see, mahu-hook ka. Salamat dear sa link and sa assignment ha? Akala ko nakaligtas na ko sa mga memes na yan, I told myself buti na lang nasa vacances kami for 3 weeks, walang nag-dare mag-tag, di pa rin pala makakalusot, hehehe. Thanks! ;)


    Hi, Kayla! Yes, I notice that too. In fact, hubby and the kids are also sick! And I'm already sick and tired of coughing, quite fatiguing! How about you? Hope you're ok! Thanks for your concern and take care! ;)


    Hi, Major Tom! Thanks!!!

    How are you?

    Thanks... and it's always a pleasure hearing from you, really. ;)

     
  • At 6:30 PM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    Tekla!!!
    Thanks, I'm starting to feel a bit better now but because of the medication, I still feel so weak. Hey, salamat sa komplimento, aba eh nagapalakpak-palakpak ang mga tengas nitong si higante eh!!! *LOL* Hey, say mo sa bagong nickname ko -- foxyboksie, o di ba? type na type ko!!! Si madame Atiniski po ang may sala...

    Happy Birthday ha? Ano handa mo? Ano gusto mong regalo? ;)

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Noemi said…

    Just doing some rounds, have a coffee break, kapeng barako po galing kay noemi!..have a great day! ..birthday mo ba ms. bok?..happy birthday!!!mwaahh!!!*hug*

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger Nick Ballesteros said…

    Hello Bokbok! Thanks for dropping by my blog. You are still so Filipino at heart. Sarap sawsawan talaga ang suka na may sili ano?

    You have a beautiful family! Baby ko rin, when I visit them in Baguio after a week (or a couple of weeks kapag mabigat work), it seems my baby has grown bigger (I read your post previous to this).

     
  • At 2:19 AM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    Noemsss, thanks sa kape ;) and no, hindi ko birthday, ikaw talaga! ;)


    Hi Watson! Sinabi mo pa! once na me sili ang kinakain ko, ganado ako, pinagpapawisan pa! ;)

    Uy, salamat! yeah i noticed the baby's pic on your page, I just didn't know he's yours. I'll go visit him later...
    thanks again!!! ;)

     

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home

 
Merci et à bientôt! ^_^ eXTReMe Tracker